Sunday, October 7, 2012

My Recheck Vet Visit

Yesterday I went to the vet again so she could look at my eyes and make sure they are doing okay. The visit didn't go how we expected and we got some good news and some bad news. Do you want me to give you the good or bad news first? Okay, I'll give the good news first.


The good news is that my eyes are looking much better! The pressure in my eyes is on the low end of normal and it's right where it should be.

The bad news is that I have a scratch on my right eye (my good eye) that has to be treated. The vet took me off the steroid eye drop because it can cause the scratch to take a long time to heal and that could lead to infection. I am now back on Rimadyl for any inflammation in the eye, a anti-infective eye drop, an anti-inflammatory eye drop, and I will continue to use the eye drop to reduce the pressure in my eye.

The vet also heard a slight heart murmur that will have to be monitered, but it is nothing to worry about right now.

I am very sorry about this Mommy. I know that you really didn't want to hear anything like this right before the wedding. I know you still love me but I feel bad about what has happened.








No comments:

Post a Comment