Friday, October 26, 2012

I Wish Every Dog Had A Loving Home

I live in a very loving home with my wonderful sister Sadie, my Guinea Pig sisters Cinnamon Spice and Vanilla Bean, and my lizard Gollum. I get my belly rubbed everyday, a roof over my head, a warm bed to sleep in, food in my belly, lots of toys to play with, and walks/hikes/or trips to the beach. Could I imagine my life without these? No. Sadie could though.....because she lived it for the first 3-5 years of her life. Sadie knows how it feels to be all alone, with no one to snuggle, no one who cares. She was lucky enough to never end up in a shelter.

Most of my doggie friends are in wonderful, loving homes too. I say most because like Arnie, who I posted about on Monday, some don't have a home. Oh sure, some may live in a foster home but it's not the same as having a real home. I wish every dog could experience it at some time in their life. Actually, I take that back. I wish every ANIMAL had a loving home starting at some point in their life and only ending when their last breath escapes from their body. To have their human right by their side the whole time.

I am a dog on a mission! To help get as many dogs out of shelters or foster care and into loving homes. As many dogs as I can at least. Sadie inspired me to make this mission my goal in life. Look in her eyes. What do you see?




I can tell you what you won't see. You won't see the scared dog I saw almost 4 years ago. Sitting in the back of a crate with her tail between her legs from being so frightened. You won't see the pain she suffered for all those horrible years living in a very small crate with no food or water, having to pee and poop where she slept. She would then be forced to get pregnant and give birth to her puppies all by herself. No one helped her because no one cared.


What you will see is a very content dog that is happy for the life she has now. She has been given a second chance at life. Mommy loves to watch her sleep because she looks so peaceful.





I may be a small dog, but I am on a BIG mission. I won't be able to help them all, but I will sure try!

No comments:

Post a Comment