Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day

Today is Mother's Day and I thinking about both my birth mom and my adoptive mom. I love them both very much for everything they have done for me and I can't thank them enough.

I will first talk about my birth mom Lucy. She gave me and my 2 sisters and 5 brothers life and, for that, I am so greatful. She cared for my needs and fed me when I was hungry. I wish I had known her longer, but her life ended shortly after I turned a year old. She was pregnant with her 2nd litter and was about a week away from her due date. She escaped out of her yard and got into the neighbor's pool while the pool cover was still on it. She tried to get out but couldn't because of the pool cover. I never got a chance to see her again before she passed and I would give anything to meet and play with her. I have always and will always love her.










I love my adoptive mommy just as much. There are two puppies available when Mommy came to see us for the first time. She got to spend some time with me and my brother to see which one she wanted. My brother just wanted to play with the other puppies while I just wanted her attention and love. I sat on and fell asleep in her lap. It was love at first sight and both of us knew we were meant to be together. I was a member of the family from day one. She has been there for me though it all. From surgeries to allergy attacks and everything in between. It's also not easy to live with me when I eat something that doesn't agree with me and pass gas so strong that it could knock an elephant out, but Mommy does because she knows I can't really help it. I hope to have many more years together and even more new adventures.


Here's to the future Mom! I love you so much!











No comments:

Post a Comment