Saturday, December 8, 2012

Something's Missing

I'm missing something that I was born with, and it's not what you are thinking right now.

I am missing a nail and first digit of one of my toes on my right paw. It was removed when I was 2 years old. I'll tell you how I came to lose it.

I was playing ball on a non-slip black mat at doggie daycare and I slid to get the ball. When I slid, my toenail tore away from the pad on my foot and was bleeding a lot. Mommy thought it would heal fine, but it still wasn't getting any better after a few days. I went to the vet and they cut the nail way down to the base in hopes that it would grow back normally. It didn't. So, I had to get the nail and first digit removed because the nail was growing back deformed and I was in pain every time I stood up.




After having the surgery I ended up getting 2 different infections and was put on antibiotics. The vet wanted to stop the infection before it got into the bone. If that had happened, I would have lost my leg too. I'm glad it didn't come to that.




This is how my foot looks now. It's just one less nail that Mommy has to cut.



No comments:

Post a Comment