Sunday, December 23, 2012
My letter to Santa
I wanted to let everyone see my letter to Santa this year. I can never ask for presents because that's just not me. I'm always thinking if others, so my letter to Santa is no different.
How are you? I know you are used to getting letters from children around the world, but I hope you will accept one from a dog that just wants to do some good in this world. I will start off by introducing myself.
My name is Oscar the Boston Terrier and I live with my human mommy and daddy, my Chihuahua sister Sadie, my lizard brother Gollum, and my Guinea pig sisters and brother Spice, Bean, Olive, and Nathan. We are a happy family and love each other very much. I have been a very good boy all year and take really great care of my brothers and sisters. I try not to get mad at them, even when they steal my toys or nibble on me. I don’t like getting in trouble so I try to always stay on my best behavior.
You are probably expecting me to ask for toys, treats, or maybe a new dog bed, but I won’t. It’s not that I don’t want them because I would. But I don’t need them. I already have toys that I sometimes don’t even play with, so I don’t need any more. Being with my family is the only present I want and I know I’m going to get it on Christmas morning. My Christmas list is not for myself, but for others. Now, on to my list!
1) I wish Grandma and Grandpa could get something for Christmas. They have had a rough year and are really tight on money. Grandma is always doing things for everyone else and she hardly ever thinks about herself. Grandpa works, but doesn’t make as much as he used to when he worked at the college. It’s too bad they let him go after 11 years. They don’t know what they are missing! It doesn’t even have to be anything big, just a little something for both of them to know that Santa cares about them and knows how good they’ve been.
2) My second wish is for all the animals in shelters around the world. They are not as fortunate as Sadie, the Guinea Pigs, and I are and I want them to know the joy of Christmas. I’d love for them all to get homes by Christmas, but I know that probably won’t happen because that’s a lot of animals! Could you see about maybe bringing some food or toys to the shelters? That would help them out a lot and it would give the animals a good Christmas meal.
3) My third wish is for all the human children that are in foster care. I would love to see some of them get great homes in the next year. For those who don’t get a home by this Christmas, could you get them something extra special? Use your best judgment as to what each child should get. You’ve been watching them all year and may have even gotten letters from some of them, so I trust that you know what they want.
4) My fourth wish is for all those people around the world that have lost an animal in the last year. It’s not easy when a loved animal dies. I know because I have lost a Guinea Pig brother and sister this year and I miss them so much. I wish that these good people will find peace this Christmas and know that their animals are waiting for them and that they are out of pain. I want them to know that things will get better.
5) My last wish is for the families who lost their children, mother, sister or daughter in the elementary school shooting that happened on happened just 2 days ago. I pray that they will be able to try and still have a nice Christmas with their families. I can’t even imagine what they are going through right now and they really need to know that you, Santa, remember them and love them. Can you let the parents of the children know that their babies are watching over them from heaven? I would really appreciate it.
Well, that’s what I want for Christmas. It’s probably not what you thought, but I hope it brings a smile to your face. I can’t even imagine asking about gifts for myself when there are so many others who need them more. I hope you understand.
I will try to be good this coming year and write again next year.
Oscar the Boston Terrier
Posted by Kathryn at 9:53 PM